Friday, June 19, 2009

TGIF. Big time.

Well, this was a huge week, the penultimate of a huge term. Report writing week is always a strain, and even with my newly-adopted ambivalence in the face of due dates, I still clocked up scary computer hours, leading to some crippling shoulder pain as of this afternoon. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure my discomfort is a mere blip, but I'm so drained that the sensation is amplified. Probably doesn't help that I'm here, you know, using the computer...

Anyway, here's my "oh Gawd, as is I can put in any effort, just eat what's in front of me" day:

Breakfast: three almond/coconut cookies, packed and eaten at work.

Lunch: Yeah, no.

Pre-dinner snack: two cookies and an experimental taste of the Atkins Vanilla Protein Shake crap that I bought back when I was merely low-carbing - yikes. It smells great though. But I won't be putting any in my mouth any time soon. Chucking it out seems wasteful - maybe I'll give it away...

Dinner: Roasted organic chicken, scrambled eggs, lettuce, capsicum and tomato.


Tasty, satisfying, and effortless!

Now - let's find me a good day spa!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the worst part of revamping your diet. You have all this food on hand that you know is shit to eat, but still--there *are* starving children in Africa.

AuntWie said...

Well, if you can get it to a starving child in Africa, then more power to you. Otherwise, I suggest composting it. No composter? Bury it between a couple of plants. It'll rot there, and actually do some good. Especially if it's near the veggies and herbs.
Just a thought.

AuntWie said...

You know, re-reading that, it sounds a little snarky, and that's not at all what I meant. I know that there are hungry people here in this country and starving people in the rest of the world, and I know that food banks are really hurting. I just try to be sure that the food I give away is nutritionally beneficial.

Jezwyn said...

I gave away all my other trashy high-carb foods back in February, to my work colleagues - everything immediately disappeared. How sad. I hung on to the Atkins shake since I didn't think anyone at work would benefit from it. But maybe I'll take it in on Monday and set it out anonymously. I don't worry about starving people in Africa, I worry about starving teachers in Australia. :)

I can't compost since I'm renting, but either way - looking at the ingredients list, I actually doubt it would ever rot... It barely dissolves in water as it is. Plus, it was expensive, so it might as well do some foolish Weight-Watcher some "good".

Thanks for the comments guys - personally, I already give generously to a couple of charities, but hopefully other readers might be inspired by these comments. I'm guessing smartbykrae gives to Oxfam? I just hope my money goes towards meat and veg rather than sickly grains that contribute to the growing obesity and malnutrition problems...