Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today's Tucker - 25/06/09

Breakfast - a couple of primal choco-nutty treats - surprisingly good for breakfast, light but filling.

Lunch - leftovers from last night.

Dinner - pizza burgers with ham, feta and capsicum mini frittatas, red cabbage, brussel sprouts, and silverbeet.


Now, since both the pizza burgers and the frittatas involve dairy, they don't get a proper recipe post like primal recipes, but here's a quick breakdown:

Pizza burgers - 500g beef mince, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup cheese (a mix of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar, ideally), 1/2 cup diced capsicum (peppers), 1/2 diced onion, 50g diced bacon. Mix together, squash into 4 - 6 balls, press onto lined tray and cook in 180°C oven for 20 minutes, browned and cooked through.

Frittata - 250g diced bacon, 1 cup diced capsicum, 1 diced onion, 180g diced fetta cheese. Saute together until onion is done, then spoon into mini muffin tray. Combine 12 eggs and 1/4 cup cream, and pour over filling. Bake in 180°C oven until set completely and browned a little. Makes a good 36 mini muffins. These are for my students during our end-of-term party. What, you thought I'd feed them chips and chocolate? Pffft...

2 comments:

LittlestWinslow said...

So many of your recipes are so awesome, so thanks! I started this Paleo gig about a month ago, and despite a few cheat days, so far so good! I noticed that a lot of your recipes have dairy though....is that something you just decided to not give up? I've almost completely cut out dairy myself, with the exception of eggs and minor cheat days....do a lot of Paleo followers use dairy? Trying to figure out my own plan/path bc I LOOOVE cheese.

Jezwyn said...

Hi LittlestWinslow,

Cheese never posed a digestive problem for me. You have to do what works for you. If you're aiming for weight loss then sometimes dairy can block individuals, but I have found full flexibility to be more successful long term rather than risk deprivation.