Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thailand: A Retrospective - Day 9

Another day of relaxation between tour days. We started off with the usual breakfast -


- and then headed down to one of the massage shacks for a very physical Thai massage! A little painful at times, given that my explanation and display of my sunburnt legs obviously didn't make it over the language barrier. Ow.

Then it was back to the resort for lounging, swimming, and watching movies - finally watched 'The Beach' so that I would know what to ooh and aah over during our tour to Phi Phi Island!

It was Italian Buffet night at the resort, and the beau was keen for some pasta (why won't he learn??) so we went down to check that there was something I could eat. The best options were some stewed meats, so I allowed it even though the chances of sugar and flour in the sauces was considerable. I went for a safe look pork stew, which had a hint of curry and was delicious, and Tyrolienne Beef. Both were delicious!


And once back in our room, I checked some recipes online - looks like the sauces could have been pretty primal! And I was fantasising about the pork stew for the rest of the rip - I couldn't wait to get home and make a batch of my own (which I've now done...)!

No comments: